Warning: file_put_contents(modules/mod_sp_weather/cache/mod_sp_weather1.xml) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/lakeozrk/public_html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 418
Lake Ozark Speedway Point Standings
2011 LOS Street Stock Rules
All Vehicles May Be Inspected And Teched Upon Entering Pit Area!
1. Car and Body- Any American made passenger car is eligible. Entire car, body and parts to remain stock appearing. Fiberglass hoods will be allowed.
2. Frame & Roll Cage- Minimum wheel base of 101” and must be stock for the body. 1/2” tolerance on wheelbase from side to side but must not be less than minimum. 101” cars must remain stock on 3-link and panhard bar. Frame must match the body make (i.e. metric frame, metric body). Must be stock in all aspects and remain unaltered. Racecar must be same generation frame and body. (Exception is: 1980 or newer Ford uni-body may be installed on Ford full frame, and shortened to minimum 108-inch wheelbase. No tolerance.) Rear of frame behind rear axle may be replaced with two-inch by three-inch steel tubing with .095-inch wall thickness. Original suspension mounts must remain intact and in stock location. Unibody cars must tie rear frame to front frame. Four point roll cage required. Cage must be frame mounted. Minimum of three bars in driver’s door. Roll cage must be cross braced. Cage must be minimum of 1 ½” steel tubing with minimum wall thickness of .095. Front and rear hoops are allowed.
3. Suspensions- Stock A–arms on stock unaltered factory mounts. Non- adjustable aftermarket A-arms allowed. Suspension parts must remain absolutely stock for the make, model and year of the car. All suspension parts must mount to original stock locations. Weight jacks allowed on all 4 wheels! Racing springs and shocks allowed and can be relocated. No rear sway bars. If car originally came out with a rear sway bar, it must be taken off. Front sway bars allowed, but must be mounted in stock location. Adjustable shackles or sliders on rear leaf springs will be allowed. No relocating of front leaf spring eye. 101” cars must remain stock on 3-link and panhard bar.
4. Body-All cars must have complete stock appearing all steel body. Stock steel unaltered floor pan, firewalls must be retained with no alterations. No sectioning, channeling or cutting allowed. Must use factory steel floor and firewall this can be trimmed for clearance. Can use 18 ga. steel to repair rust or holes only. No full floor pans or firewalls out of 18 ga. must remain stock. All body parts including hood and trunk lid must be kept in place at all times while car is on the racetrack. Fabricated doors & front fenders allowed. All doors must be welded shut. All holes exposing the trunk area must be covered with sheet metal or aluminum. Hood and trunk lid must be securely chained shut or the use of hood pins will be allowed. No air cleaners protruding through hood without cover. Fiberglass or aftermarket hoods may be used. Decklids may be aluminum if OEM stamped factory panel. Rear of car must be completely enclosed. Interior on right side of car may be enclosed but must have a trap door for inspection.
5. Tire Clearance – Fenders may be trimmed for clearance. Inner fenders may be removed in front. Rear inner fenders optional, but they can be fabricated.
6. Nose & Tail Covers- Aftermarket plastic noses and tail covers will be allowed. No wedge noses allowed, Must be Stock Appearing!
7. Spoilers- Rear spoilers allowed 6 inches in height.
8. Bumpers- Bumpers must be in stock position. Bars to run only on front and rear. Bumper has to be bolted on bar if used.
9. Rock Guard- Minimum of 4 steel safety bars must be installed in front of driver, and may have screen securely attached in windshield area.
10.Suspensions- Stock A–arms on stock unaltered factory mounts. Non- adjustable aftermarket A-arms allowed. Suspension parts must remain absolutely stock for the make, model and year of the car. All suspension parts must mount to original stock locations. Weight jacks allowed on all 4 wheels! No rear sway bars. If car originally came out with a rear sway bar, it must be taken off. Front sway bars allowed, but must be mounted in stock location. Adjustable shackles or sliders on rear leaf springs will be allowed. No relocating of front leaf spring eye. No suspension travel limiting devices (chains, straps, etc). No bird-cages. No sliders. No traction devices of any kind, no torque arms, lift bars etc. One steel
non-adjustable, unaltered shock per wheel. No air, remote reservoir or schrader valve shocks allowed. No coil over eliminators. Racing shocks and springs allowed & can be relocated. Control Arm Bushings must be installed and must be OEM type. Bottom control arms at least 19” center to center and the same length. Bottom control arm mount on rear axle may be no more than 3 ½ inches from bottom of axle housing to center of bolt and must be same height side to side.
11.Steering- Removable steering wheel and steering quickener allowed. OEM rack and pinion steering allowed if car was originally equipped.
No aftermarket rack & pinion.
12.Pedals & Master Cylinders- Any master cylinder or pedal assembly will be allowed. Brake Balance Bars or Brake Bias Valves will be allowed!
13. Brakes- Rear drums may be replaced by disc, provided they are O.E.M. type components. Single piston cast iron O.E.M. calipers on all four wheels. Calipers cannot be lightened. Brakes must operate on all 4 wheels upon inspection at any time.
14.Tires & Wheels- Hoosier E-Mod 26.5 or 27.5 A-40 ONLY will be allowed. Asphalt takeoffs will be allowed. Siping will be allowed! Maximum 8” or 10” steel racing wheels. No magnesium or aluminum wheels allowed. Right front wheel must be reinforced with a double center or white spoke wheel may be used. Racing wheels may be used all around on all four corners of the car. Beadlocks on right side of car only (optional). Wheel discs (mud plugs) allowed but must be securely fastened.
15.Engine- Engine must be strictly stock for make of car. Stock UNALTERED
cast iron heads only. No aluminum heads or blocks. Roller cams will be
allowed. 23 degree cast iron heads only. No porting, grinding or polishing
on heads. Aluminum intake is allowed. Oil pump must be OEM and in
stock location. No Dry Sumps allowed. No lightening or external
machining of block!
16. Heads- Stock unaltered 23 degree cast iron heads only. No aluminum heads. No porting, grinding or polishing on heads. No lightening or external machining of heads!
17. Clutches & Flywheels –No couplers, or aluminum flywheels. Only stock steel flywheels and OEM type clutch or mini-clutch allowed.
18. Engine Set Back- Tip of number one spark plug must be even or in
front of upper ball joint.
19. Fuel Pump-Stock fuel pump. No electric fuel pumps. Fuel pump must remain in stock location. No regulators or return lines allowed.
20. Carburator & Intake- 2 or 4 barrel carb will be allowed. Cast iron or aluminum intakes allowed. No aerosol type carburetors allowed. No remotely adjustable spacer/adapter plate between carburetor and intake manifold.
21. Fuel- Gasoline only, NO ALCOHOL!
22. Ignition- Aftermarket or OEM Distributors allowed. No adjustable timing control or magnetos allowed. One MSD Box Allowed. Aftermarket ignition module and coil allowed. Track may confiscate and exchange MSD box at any time.
23. Headers- Collector type Headers only. NO Tri-Y Headers allowed.
24. Valve Train- Roller cams & rocker arms will be allowed.
25.Transmissions- Stock passenger car transmission only, manual or automatic. Transmission coolers allowed. Automatic transmissions may run a coupler. No aftermarket transmissions allowed. No direct drives.
26. Bell housing - Mandatory that all engines be equipped with an explosion proof bell housing and safety blanket for automatic, or if you prefer, you may construct a shield of at least ¼ inch by 5 inch steel, covering the clutch area 360 degrees and be securely fastened.
27. Batteries – Only one automotive type battery allowed. Battery may be relocated in driver’s compartment but must be securely fastened to floor or frame in a leak-proof container.
28.Driveshafts & Driveshaft Loops– 2” minimum steel Drive shafts must be equipped with two 360 degree safety slings around the drive shaft constructed in such a manner as to contain the drive shaft in case of breakage. Material must be steel; at least 2 inches wide and ¼ inch thick. All drive shafts must be painted white.
29.Rear end – Stock rear end for make and model of car. Floater rear ends are allowed. A Ford or Dana rear end may be switched with makes and models. Stock mounts must remain on car and rear end if you are switching. Welded spiders or full spools will be allowed. No ratchet rear ends or torque dividing differentials. No cambered rear ends allowed. No traction control devices allowed.
30.Radiator Protection – Uprights and crossbars in front of radiator allowed but must be behind grill.
31. Weight- All cars must weigh 3,000 pounds with the driver after the race.
32.Ballast- Weight may be added in lead form only, and must be attached securely with two ½ inch bolts. Weights must be painted white and the car number painted on it. If you are caught with concrete in the frame of the car you will be disqualified!
33.Pick up chain – Cars must have front and rear pick up chain attached to frame. The purpose of this chain is to allow easy hook up to a racecar by a wrecker if the car becomes disabled on the racetrack.
34. Fuel Cells – Approved racing fuel cell in a metal container is mandatory. Fuel cell must be mounted inside of trunk as far forward as possible, using four 2” by 1/8” metal straps, 2 in each direction. Fuel cell shall not be larger than a 25-gallon capacity. Fuel cells must be encased in an approved metal container of no less than 20-gauge steel. Fuel cells must be mounted between frame rails as far forward as possible. Fuel cells must be equipped with a drag loop extending below the bottom of the cell. Fuel cells must not extend below the centerline of the rear axle.
35. Racing seat – Approved aluminum racing seat is mandatory.
36. Fire Extinguisher – Car must be equipped with a dry type fire extinguisher no smaller than 2 pounds and must be mounted within easy reach of the driver.
37. Window Net – All cars must have an approved window net attached in driver’s door window. Driver must be able to reach quick release.
38. Seat Belts – Four or five point 3-inch competition belts and harness required. Mounting of seat belts must be secure and will be closely inspected. Driver must be able to reach quick release. Dated January of 2008 or newer.
39.Helmet & Driver’s Suit – Helmets of at least SA2000 or SA2005 or mandatory. Helmets must have the rating tag/label intact. All drivers must wear a racing helmet. A one or two-piece fire retardant driver’s suit must be worn. Helmet and driver’s suit must be worn at all times that the racecar is on the racetrack. Racing gloves are mandatory. Racing or leather fire retardant shoes mandatory. No plastic or vinyl shoes allowed. Neck brace and gloves are mandatory. Must have helmet, driving suit, seat belt and gloves on anytime car is in motion.
40.Numbers – Paint in contrasting color on each door and roof 3 inches wide and 18 inches high, and on left front and right rear of car a readable number at least 5 inches high and 1 inch wide.
41.Radio/Mirrors – No rearview mirrors of any kind. No radio communication or sound equipment allowed!
Lake Ozark Speedway Owners & Officials Reserve The Right
To Alter Or Amend These Rules At Anytime So Desired!